Monday 13 December 2010

Lavera Intense Volumising Mascara Revisited

I know, I know, I rated it too early. First applications are rarely a true test and I should have at least stuck it out for a few days...So let's get rerating:

Lavera Intense Volumising Mascara is rated at 1/5.

That's right, my friends, it's actually gotten worse! It's nigh on impossible to remove it all so you wake up with dark undereye patches in the morning, despite using every cleanser in the house to try and get the stuff off the night before. And instead of flaking the pigment transfers to the place where eyebags live and is, again, impossible to scrub off with ease.

What has led me to this damning review? Today is my third day of mascara camp, it's also the first day that I wore this to work. I stumbled out of bed at an ungodly hour, made my way to the bathroom, and saw my inner panda staring back at me. Check again. Nope, that's my face.

So I pulled out every face cleanser we had in; trilogy, a lize earle hot cleanse sample, and my old trusty almond oil. I lined them up and got to work. The liz earle hot and polish cleanser seemed to smear it to the extent that I looked like a victorian chimney sweep, up stepped the trilogy face cleanser which managed to get rid of most of the coal tint but my eye sockets were still looking very dark, so warm cotton wool and oil came to the rescue. Finally clearing up the mess.

After the rest of the morning prep, I tentatively picked up the lavera mascara wand and took to work. I owe it to you lovely readers, I told myself, and I really do - thanks for reading! Still no visible signs of mascara, but I powered through. Until lunch, when my boss walked up to my desk looking concerned...apparently I looked awful and shouldn't have come in, I protested but she thought this was a reflection of my work ethic. She insisted I go home and we finally agreed that, if, after lunch I was still looking so terrible then perhaps it would be best to go home.

I was sincerely concerned......until I walked past a mirror. There was a huge shadow under my eyes, so dark that I looked a ghostly shade of pale. I grabbed my handbag from under my desk, headed for the ladies and pulled out a bottle of my all-purpose face oil, after 10 minutes the shadows had gone.
I'm afraid this is going to be my last day with this product, I'm sorry I couldn't stick it out longer but enough was enough!

Now I'm going to hold my head over a bowl of hot water and chamomile in an attempt to help it forget today's abrasive tactics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment