Thursday 16 December 2010

Zoya Nail Polish Review

Just over a week in and I fall off the blogging wagon! On the plus side, that means two posts for today!!

Introducing Zoya nail polishes! I love nail polish but so many sparkly colours from many favourite brands are packed full of chemicals like formaldehyde, which tends to scupper my desire to stack my shelves high with colour.

Thankfully, I discovered Zoya nail polishes in January. And it's safe to say that a percentage of my money has gone towards buying bottles of the stuff. Before we get on to the review, let me give you a teensy bit of history.

Made in the U.S., Zoya nail polishes were created in 1984 by one woman who wanted a safer alternative to the products available. They now stock 300 nail colours, along with 4 seasonal collections released each year. They won the 2009 Natural Health and Beauty Awards and

Zoya nail polishes are vegan friendly and are free from Toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (Dibutyl Phthalate) and camphor. It should be noted that formaldehyde is a potential carcinogen and can be a skin, nose and eye irritant, it is also snuck into products like bubble bath, shower gel and shampoo - so keep an eye out next time you go for your weekly shop.

Review time....
Rating: 5/5

I own 8 bottles of Zoya polish and it is AMAZING. Application is easy, a lot of the time you can get away with one coat (but I tend to like dark and vibrant colours) and there are some awesome blogs showcasing Zoya swatches that are currently beyond my reach! If you're interested, Scrangie's blog, All lacquered up, and the polish addict all feature lots of lovely swatches. How gorgeous are their nails?? I'll try and post some photos of my own later on tonight!

Zoya have a huge selection of colours and they wear really well, I do the washing and cleaning with my nails done (sometimes wearing gloves, sometimes not) and the chipping has been minimal, the only trouble colour has been Astra which is a glitter polish that flakes if you don't put the top coat on, otherwise it's fine.

Zoya polishes soothe my sparkle obsession, I tend to trawl eBay looking for them because they're not widely available. My sister has a nail polish allergy and was thrilled when I introduced her to Zoya earlier this year. If you love nail polish and prefer not to slather chemicals on then this is for you, even so the Zoya colours are amazing enough to turn the most ardent chemical nail polish fan! So get to it; unleash your inner magpie!!!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment